The Coaching Bulgaria Association (CBA)
The Coaching Bulgaria Association (CBA) was established in 2007 and is an independent non-for-profit professional body dedicated to promoting best practice and raising the awareness and standards of coaching in Bulgaria. Our purpose is to inspire coaching excellence, advance the coaching profession, make a sustainable difference to individuals, organizations, and society.
Our main activities are:
- To develop and promote coaching approaches and to protect the professional interests of its members;
- To work together with business organizations for the development and introduction of various business practices, development of the human resources in enterprises, etc;
- To work together with educational institutions in preschool, school, and higher education, incl. private training centers/NGOs for the development and implementation of various methodologies and tools in order to improve learning outcomes, as well as for better personal and professional satisfaction for all participants in the educational processes;
- To carry out research and development activities in the field of coaching, psychology, education, sociology, and economics, related to the development of other activities of the association;
- To help establish a positive image of applying coaching methods and to ensure fair competition in the industry.
Professional coaching is a profession that has four core values: integrity, excellence, collaboration, and respect. These four core values are the foundation for our organization’s policies and practices. Professionals in the coaching profession have a responsibility to uphold these standards of excellence at all times.
We believe that everyone has the potential for growth or change; we are committed to helping people live their lives with meaning, fulfillment, and possibility by providing quality coaching programs.
CBA currently has 12 members and for 2020 it provided coaching services to 3 companies and 28 individuals on different topics. The organization has 4 youth volunteers who participated in our coach training and now gain practice in the coaching profession.
What are the activities and experiences of the organization in the areas relevant to this project? What are the skills and/or expertise of key persons involved in this project?
We provide coaching services, as well as coach training and our main activities include:
- Research and needs analysis for coaching activities;
- Development of content for the needs of the coaching sessions;
- Delivery of the coaching sessions based on the needs of the participants;
- Mentoring and observation of the new coaches, as well as full evaluation & assessment of the coaching sessions.
We have a network for collaboration with other organizations from the educational sector (public and private), including NGOs from different sectors, which we can use for the implementation activities, as well as for dissemination and multiplication of the project results. For this project, we will involve as associated partners 2 organizations from the art sector as our collaborators.
Denitsa Dimova has a BA degree in Telecommunication Engineering and MA degree in Business administration. She is a teacher in digital competencies and an expert in the training and qualification of the workforce. As part of the Managing Board, she will be the project manager for our organization.
Project implementation experience:
2019 – 2020, BG05M9OP001-1.023-0159-C01, “Flying Start: Take the first steps in entrepreneurship and accelerate your business”, Project manager
2018-2019, BG05M9OP001-1.021-0306, “Investments for improving the quality of the workforce in “Delta Textile Bulgaria ”Ltd”, Teacher in digital competences
2018-2019, BG05M9OP001-1.023-0083 “ENTREPRENEURSHIP – A NEW LIFE PERSPECTIVE”, Expert training and qualification for youths;
2018-2019, BG05M9OP001-1.023-0126 “Entrepreneurship – a new alternative for social and economic life”, Expert training and qualification for youths;
Dimitrina Varbanova graduated in Medical college in 1994 and Health care management in 2009. She is a life coach with extensive experience in the personal development of individuals and groups. She is also an owner and manager of the only Parents’ school in Ruse city. She has a great experience in the preparation of families for having children: from the planning period to the raising of the born children. She works mainly on the physical and mental well-being of youths and families. Her Parent’s school will be an associated partner of this project and will provide pilot testing, evaluation, and dissemination of the project results.
Rositsa Maneva-Kopeva has an MBA degree, as well as a coaching certificate from the International Coach Federation. She has extensive experience in the management and training of human resources for companies, as well as personal and professional development coaching experience with individuals.